The Impact of Economic Policy on the Market
Starting in 2008, the United States experienced the greatest economic calamity since the Great Depression. To combat rising unemployment, negative economic growth, and deflation, among other problems, the U.S. government employed instruments/policies from both the fiscal and monetary toolkits. Write an essay 1,250-1500 words regarding the impact of economic policy on the market. Address the following:
- Describe the major problems of the Great Recession. What required immediate government action, from the perspective of many public officials?
- Monetary policy: Describe how the Federal Reserve respond to the crisis. Be sure to discuss interest rates and open market operations.
- Fiscal policy: Describe Congresss response to the crisis. Be sure to discuss the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Explain the goals of the fiscal and monetary policies employed. Address stimulating aggregate demand and the role of increasing the money supply in your response.
- Evaluate the success in the policies.
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.