1. A firm produces an output y using labor and capital, whose quantities are
denoted respectively by xL and xK. Suppose this firms production function is given by f(L,K)=50v(KL)+K+L.
Answer the following questions.
a. Derive the marginal product of labor and the marginal product of cap-
b. Is the marginal product of labor diminishing everywhere? Does it ever
take negative values?
c. Does the production process of this firm exhibit increasing, constant,
or decreasing returns to scale?
2. Let B denote the number of bicycles produced from xF units of bicycle frames
and xT units of tires. Suppose that every bicycle needs exactly two tires and
one frame. Draw an isoquant that represents this production process and
write down a possible production function for bicycles.
3. Suppose a firms production function is given by f(x1, x2) = 6vx1 + 8vx2.
Let w1=$1 be the price of input 1 and let w2 =$4 be the price of input
2. The price of the firms output, which the firm takes as given, is p = $8.
Calculate the profit-maximizing quantity of output.
4. Suppose a firms production function is given by f(x1,x2) = vx1x2. Let
w1 = $10 and w2 = $15. If the firms goal is to maximize profits, in what
proportions should it use the inputs 1 and 2?
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Similar Paper