BYU WK 1 Multiplying a Restaurants SqFt & Standard Deviation Worksheet
Resource: Pastas R Us, Inc. Database
In preparation for writing your report to senior management next week, compute the following descriptive statistics analyses for each column of data (each variable) with Excel®. Answer the questions below in your Excel sheet or in a separate Word document:
- Insert a new column in the database that corresponds to Annual Sales. Annual Sales is the result of multiplying a restaurants SqFt. by Sales/SqFt.
- Calculate the mean, standard deviation, skew, 5-number summary, and interquartile range (IQR) for each of the variables.
- Create a box-plot for the Annual Sales variable. Does it look symmetric? Would you prefer the IQR instead of the standard deviation to describe this variables dispersion? Why?
- Create a histogram for the Sales/SqFt variable. Is the distribution symmetric? If not, what is the skew? Are there any outliers? If so, which one(s)? What is the SqFt area of the outlier(s)? Is the outlier(s) smaller or larger than the average restaurant in the database? What can you conclude from this observation?
- What measure of central tendency is more appropriate to describe Sales/SqFt? Why?
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Similar Paper