ECO 204 Ashford University Week 4 Perfect Competition Market Structure Essay
Each student selects one factual business example then, responds to the following:
- Distinguish among four market structures: perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly in this order.
- Identify your companys market structure (i.e., perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly), explaining your reasoning.
- Examine whether competitive pressures are present in your companys industry with high barriers to entry.
- Evaluate how high barriers to entry into the industry may influence your companys long-run profitability.
- Explain the price elasticity of demand in your companys market structure and its effect on your companys pricing decision.
- Investigate whether government regulations encourage or discourage your business relative to its industry.
- Analyze how the role of the government may affect your market structures ability to price its products.
The Market Structures paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers APA Style resource (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Assigned group
- Students names in group
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers Citing Within Your Paper guide (Links to an external site.).
- (Links to an external site.)Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Similar Paper