Re-watch your movie then select a 10 minute scene and evaluate the listening techniques of the main characters. Point out the good listening techniques, and assess the effectiveness of the perceived listening. Describe the following: The movie is Titanic
- What was the topic which was being addressed?
- What level of listening was being used?
- What internal/external barriers to effective listening were observed?
- Hypothesize how these barriers could be overcome.
- If you were to counsel one of the lead characters, what listening goals would you give for him/her? Explain.
- Cite all references correctly using APA.
Assess the culture of the characters in the movie:
- What was the culture of the main characters of the movie?
- How does the main characters culture relate to members of different cultures?
- Was the main characters culture one that he/she was raised with or was it chosen by the character?
- Find three elements concerning culture from your text and apply them to the movie, make sure you cite your source(s) using APA.