One of the more contemporary styles of leadership is “situational leadership.” In this assignment, you will choose a CEO from a top company and analyze his/her leadership style through the lens of situational leadership.
Fortune Magazines 100 Best Companies to Work For 2016: http://fortune.com/best-companies/
Drawing on the material in the background readings and doing additional research, prepare a 5- to 6-page paper (not including the cover and reference pages).
Using the framework of Situational Leadership, analyze the leadership style of a contemporary CEO from one of the top 10 companies listed in Fortune Magazine’s Best Companies to Work for in 2016.
Keys to the Assignment
- Go to Fortune Magazines Top 100 Companies to Work For 2016 and choose a company from the Top 10.
- Research the company, then answer the following questions.
- Which of the situational leadership styles exemplifies this company?
- What is the added value of this leadership style?
- What impact does this leadership style have on the organizations overall image?
- Contrast this leadership style with Express Scripts, named the worst company in America to work for by glassdoor.com.
- Based on your experiences and research, what kind of leadership style is needed to promote efficiency in an organization? What contingencies affect this outcome? Justify your response.
- These are not the only things that must be covered, but just the minimum. You are encouraged to go deeper with the assignment and use your critical thinking skills to ascertain what other areas are important in making a company one of the top ones in which to work.