PART 1 Discussion Topic :
· Describe the ways that technology and globalization have created change in your own community. Consider such factors as employment, local public education, diversity of cultural offerings in entertainment and retail sectors.
· What are the positive and negative effects of these changes to you, your family and the community and how are they related to technology and the globalization process?
PART 2 ASSIGNMENT Topic:
Itinerary for the Trip of a Lifetime
· Write the itinerary in essay form as a Microsoft Word document. The minimum length should be 1500 WRDS , plus APA title page and a reference page for the list of websites or other resources you used to plan the trip.
Have you ever wished that you had all the resources you needed to take a trip anywhere in the world that you wanted to go? Most of us fantasize about boarding a plane, or train, or cruise ship and heading for the destination of a lifetime. However, the truth is that such a trip takes immense planning, and it will involve many different types of technology to get you from home to paradise .
You will make itinerary for JUST YOU for a two week trip to any destination of your choice. Yes, for this trip, you are traveling alone .
· Choose your destination. The only restriction is that the destination must be outside of the 48 contiguous United States (i.e. not Hawaii or Alaska) .
· Imagine that you have all of the financial resources you need, and a two week vacation from your job and university courses. Family and significant others wish you well as you take this well-deserved solo vacation.
· Determine the best way to get to your destination, and set up the travel arrangements to and from. You may also need transportation while you are at your destination, so arrange that too.
· Plan out the activities you want to do while you are at the destination of your dreams.
· Plan for the trip home.
· You might already have the return transportation arranged, but how will you get to the train depot or the air or seaport?
How will you prepare for an uneventful encounter with the Transportation Security Administration or other Customs checks? END .