· Here are a few examples of common problem solving methods brainstorming, trial and error, creative thinking, metaphorical thinking and the scientific method. Rotor failed to use any of the problem solving methods.
· What were Rotor’s problem-solving methods?
· What was insufficient about his approach?
· What in Rotor’s background caused him to frame and solve the problem the way he did?
· How might his approach be improved?
· What is the importance of carefully monitoring symptoms prior to defining problem?
· What factors influenced his decision to fire the assistant?
· How could Rotor have solved this problem differently?